Peugeot 206 1.4 auto 2003

A pal has just bought one of these with the intention of driving it to his place in Spain and leaving it there. It's in very nice nick with approx

70,000 miles. He negotiated (he says) a good 'as is' price since the selling garage are unlikely to see it again. ;-)

It will need LHD headlights to satisfy the Spanish MOT. Where to buy at the best price? I'd like to fit them for him here rather than have him pay in Spain, where such things seem expensive.

Any gotchas with this model? Who makes the auto?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I understood that if you register it there then it must be a lhd.

the autoboxes are often a problem, afaik it is their own box.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

He says not. There are lots of ex-pats driving RHD cars, Spanish registered. He says cars are much more expensive there, hence buying one here. And says having it re-registered is still economic. I must admit to being sceptical about all this, though.

Didn't realise they made their own. Hope it's not a Renault one. ;-) It seems to work fine at the moment.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 10:15:29 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) dribbled:

Having driven one of these, albeit an LHD one quite often (my "aunt" had one in Greece), I'd say leaving it in Spain was the best thing to do with it.

It's French. It's got an autobox. Hers has lived up to the reputation that they have. Thankfully it got badly damaged in floods earlier this year and the insurance company wrote it off. She went back to buying Japanese cars.

Reply to
Mike P

Got a chance to drive it over a reasonable distance this morning and it's ok. Although I'm no expert on cars this size. My pal has a new Audi A3 for this country - and seems happy enough with the 206.

A main dealer is doing a not too bad deal on the lights at about 200 quid. Ebay proved useless on this occasion. I'll fit them - they wanted over 100 plus VAT to do so.

It's also going to that main dealer for a full service. About 150, they reckon.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)