Peugeot Air bag

My son's 306's airbag light flashes with a regular flash, will this make it a MOT failure? Also what could be the problem. Cheers Robin

Reply to
Still_21

Still_21 (still snipped-for-privacy@nospam.hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No.

Almost certainly the connectors to the seatbelt pretensioners.

Reply to
Adrian

Nope, airbaig isn't part of the MOT test AFAIK.

There is a connector under one, other or both of the front seats, linked to the pretensioner/airbag system that fires when you crash. The flashing light indicates a fault, its very common on 306's and is rarely an actual problem with the airbag/pretensioners themselves. The connector is a cheap and crap affair by all accounts, you could try cleaning the contacts with switch cleaner or for a more permanent fix, cut it off and solder the wires together.

HTH

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

The message from "Douglas Payne" contains these words:

If, Shirley?

Reply to
Guy King

Sorry, "when you have a serious enough crash" (c;

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Our 306 has the same problem - the connector strapped to the underside of the passenger seat works loose. I just disconnect it and reconnect it and its fine again for X weeks/months.

David

Reply to
David Hearn