Pirelli in short supply?

My car has Pirelli P7 tyres, and one is worn. It's almost impossible to find a supplier of the size I need. Is there some particular reason for this, or just general supply chain problems?

Reply to
GB

Do you need an unusual size?

Have you tried Black Circles - they appear to have P7's in a wide range of sizes?

See:

Roger Mills

Yes, they do have my size. £150 seems like a lot to me, though, and I was wondering why there's not more competition.

I asked one of the tyre places, and they say there's not much stock around.

Reply to
GB

Unless it's a problem with the manufacture of tyres I find exotic tyre sizes go in circles. High price initially -> then low price because few cars are manufactured to take the size and stocks are abundant (they do have a shelf-life) -> high price as stock isn't replaced.

Any reason why you specifically want a Pirelli? There are other makes. Perhaps Pirelli have stopped manufacturing them through lack of demand?

Reply to
Fredxx

The plan was just to replace one, as the others were not flagged up in the last MOT. Looking round the car, they are all looking a tad elderly, so maybe now's the time to shell out £500, say, and replace them all? If so, I have no idea which tyres to get?

There's no spare, btw.

Reply to
GB

I needed a new set a few months ago. Pirelli were on special offer at Kwikfit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

In that case, have you considered Runflat tyres?

Reply to
Roger Mills