Primera

Got a problem with an s-plate primera,it's regarding the fuel gauge which should show the reading all of the time,filled it up no problems,came out to it in the morning it was on empty,started it up went back to full?hasn't happened since but is there something likely to fail and is it a tank out job?

Many Thanks

Si.

Reply to
simon

Are you _sure_ it should work all the time? - most don't and ISTR the one in my Primera didn't show a reading until you switched on the ignition.

There's a very good reason why they should show empty whilst the car is parked up.

Reply to
SteveH

My 94 Primera shows all the time!

Cya Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

The message from "simon" contains these words:

Some do - some don't. Don't worry about it.

Reply to
Guy King

On my P10 Primera the gauge show a reading all the time and as for removing the tank, the float for the gauge can be accessed from a removable panel under the rear passenger seat.

Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith

full?hasn't

Thanks

Si

Reply to
simon

My 97 / R Primera fuel gauge has always gone back to empty when switched off - as does a neighbours -

Reply to
jim