Re: Ford escort Fog light switch - servicable?

The dual fog light swtich on my ford escort is not staying on when I press

> the rear button it will not stay on, unless of course I hold it down, front > button is fine, is it possible to dismantle these or has anyone else > overcome this problem without buying a new switch?

You might find that the fog lights are operated via a relay, the idea being that when you turn off the engine, the relay drops out and your foglights stay off until the next time you need them, rather than coming on everytime you use your tail/headlights and dazzling the driver stuck behind you.

/john

Reply to
John Kenyon