Re: Ford Focus Clutch Noise

Hi all

> > Two weeks ago I became the now notsoproud owner of a 2015 Focus > estate 1.5 ecoboost (petrol), to replace my 2009 Ford Focus > estate 1.8 diesel. > > Although I am generally very happy with the purchase, I have > noticed an unwanted noise very occasionally when setting off, > particularly when starting on an upward incline. > > The noise is something like a mechanical hoot, that's the best way > I can describe it. One problem is that it is so intermittent > that it will be difficult to demonstrate to the dealer wot sold > it to me. It certainly occurs as power is transferred through > the operation of the clutch. > > My understanding of clutch mechanisms dates back to in line > engines with spring plates, release bearings and friction disks. > The technology has probably changed completely since > then. > > The noise I have heard did not sound like the old clutch slip of > yore which I remember as more of a screech. > > Can anyone suggest the likely cause of this please? > > I am very distrusting of garages (rightly or wrongly) so would > like to go with a list of possibilities that I can specifically > quiz them on when they claim to have "investigated" the > issue. > > Many thanks > > Phil

Might be worth videoing it to show to the garage?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Wouldn't it be better with a spray of oil instead of wax?

Reply to
rp

Sounds like you have a humpback whale in your clutch and it's singing to you.

Is this just first use of the day or does it do this after the first time you pull off in the morning?

Could be a brake releasing.

Reply to
Peter Hill