RE MOT Fail - rear hub :-(

I need help yet again

How does the rear hub come off? there is NO hub nut - the car is rear wheel drive (Nissan Serena 1.6 Petrol 1997)

Thanks for the help

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

the drum will seperate from the hub

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Leave the handbarke in the off position. I have not worked on this particular car, but if it is rear wheel drive then the drum can be detached from the hub, I don't recall any vehicles that differ from this arrangement. Most (but not all ) vehicles have a screw that holds the drum to the hub, some don't ! Most Jap vehicles have a threaded hole in the drum to insert a bolt or two which are then done up to push the drum from the hub. Some vehicles just need a good whack with a copper face hammer to start them off. Some vehicles require a couple of stout screwdrivers to lever the drum plus a whck, sometimes even you have to warm the middle of the drum with a blowlamp !

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

I think this one has the threaded bolt hole in the centre - can I use any bolt that fits to undo this hub? just screw it in then and watch as the hub comes of i take it?

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

Yes, make sure handbrake is off and any retaining screws are undone, usually the removing thread is 8mm, just use a spare bolt to wind in and the drum should pop off, it may need some wiggling, hammering and levering though, the bolt only releases the tight bit on the centre !

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Thanks

Will get a look at it on Wednesday I hope

Thanks again for all your help

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a