Re: Rover Metro

Hello

> > I have a Rover Metro 1.4. > > On starting the engine soon cuts out. It also cuts out when changing down > gears (3rd to 2nd) and when drawing up at junctions. > > A new distributor has been fitted but problem still occurs. > > Any suggestions. > > Thanks > > Michael

Year, mileage, fuel injection or carburettor?

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

Hello.

Do you? Never mind. Things'll look up one day :-)

Please excuse the pointlessness of this post, but I don't know much about your car! Could be an idle speed control valve or something.

Is it an injection or carburettor engine?

Does it only happen when cold, or when the engine's fully warmed up as well. Could be a problem with the auto-choke. When you start it first thing in the morning, pump the accelerator a few times (I think this opens up the auto choke or something) before you start it and see if that helps.

And out of interest, have you ever had a gearbox problem? Those gearboxes are held together with glue.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Hege yeah, bloody French 'box :)

Having said that, I had no problems with mine when I had it though and it had 80,000 miles of student thrash on it :)

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

Sounds like an SU carb fault, strip strip and overhaul -- but check the inlet manifold and servo pipe for vac leaks first..

Reply to
AWM

Show off !

My nephews used to get taken to school in one of those. Proud they were, and used to brag to their mates about it in the playground.

Reply to
JR