Rear window glass coming loose.....

Got a Kia Sedona hatchback. I noticed a banging noise when shutting the rear hatch and realised it was the glass lifting up slightly when you close the hatch.

If you push the bottom of the glass outward it pushes up a few mm.

How can I stick this back down? Superglue or does it really need to be resealed by an auto glass place?

Reply to
paulfoel

Don't use superglue - the bond used on screen glass is designed to allow for expansion/contraction of the glass and the surrounding frame. If you take it to a windscreen fitter, it shouldn't cost a lot to get it sealed properly.

Reply to
churchoftheblessednose

On a Rover 25 the glass can sit too close to the metall work. I was quoted £60

*if* they could refit it and £150 if it required a new screen. That was from a small indepedant, not one of the big boys. In the event an ex-Rover guy bent it all away for me.
Reply to
Andy Cap