Removing glowplug covers

Hi,

I have a 2ltr Astra Diesel. The glowplug covers appear to be the push on type (similar to the sort of things on spark plugs in petrol cars). Should these just pull off vertically? I ask because they don't want to come off when I tug on them and if there is some particular way of doing it, I'd rather find out before I wreck them :-))

TIA.

Reply to
No-one

glowplug wires usually bolt on, so any cover must slide up the wire. try a bit of wd40 and wiggle the cover around

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Many thanks for the suggestion. I tried again, having had a good look at them and they are pull off ones. Managed to loosen and remove on of them.

Best regards.

Reply to
No-one

If you look at the connector from the top, you have the lead coming out. On opposite sides at 90degrees to the lead, about 1/2" from the top, squeeze gently with a pair of mole grips (or something long enough with curved tips - so you don't squeeze the top of the connector), and pull.

Reply to
moray