Renault 19 clutch cable Problem

Hello Just spent allday putting a new cable in, not like a nova! The nipple on the end of the cable keeps pulling out of the holder in the pedle end. I checked to see if i could move the cluth actuator with a screw driver but the clutch seems as though it is seized. the one problem i know i have got is that i can't get the cable guide into the bulk head properly, any ideas how i can improve the axcess to this area, no bloody room down there. also has any one any ideas as to why the clutch seems to be seized? thanks for your help ian

Reply to
Ian Grantham

This sounds exactly like what happened on my Renault 5 (1.4 GTS if anyone's interested). I couldn't get the cable guide to clip into the bulk head but when the cable was connected to the clutch lever, one depression of it pulled everything into place.

As for moving the clutch actuator, this can be done with strong fingers.

Happy new one, X/

Reply to
xristo