renault clio changed fuse and now wont start

Hi,

i changed a fuse on my car and now it wont start, i called the RAC out and they could not fix it, apparently there is no pwer going to the fuel pump, no spark and no feed to the MAP centre. any ideas as to what has happened i liteally pulled one fuses out replaced it and now it wont go!! any help would great appreciated as i fear a hefty auto electrician bill for christmas otherwise.

thanks in advance, ade

Reply to
ade

Hi,

I had something like this on my father-in-law's Frontera. After helpfully agreeing to change the HT leads, it wouldn't start either (and still wouldn't after putting the old ones back in).

The RAC guy came out, checked a few things, declared there was no injector pulse or spark.

There was also no ECU light on the dash. He removed one of the relays (behind the nearside headlight), cleaned its connectors and the socket and all was well again.

Maybe your problem's something similar - did you knock a relay when you were in the fusebox? Maybe try re-fitting them (don't know which one it'd be on a Clio I'm afraid).

HTH,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren

This is a back-to-basics problem. You changed the fuse. Why? Had it blown? What did the fuse control? Has the new fuse blown again (in which case you need to look to see why it keeps blowing). Come back with these answers and we might be able to help.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Robin Graham