resetting Service Due on a 54 Primera

Can anyone tell me how to reset the service due status on a 54 primera?

It's coming up on the in car display but the service was done 500 miles ago.

cheers Brian

Reply to
Brian McGuiness

Your headers ( ecebs.com ) lead to a smartcard software company, do you know that the info you are after is protected by copyright?.

Reply to
Fred

Yes. Take it back to whoever was competent enough to service it for you.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I do work for a smartcard company but that has nothing to do with my query. It's for my own car which I purchased recently.

I was not aware that the information was copyright. I did a search first and all the other 'service due' resets for other makes seemed to be a combination of holding down some button whilst starting the car.

Do Nissan only allow their own dealers to reset the service due indicator? This may explain why it wasn't done as it was last serviced at a (non nissan) reg vardy garage.

cheers Brian

Reply to
Brian McGuiness

A quick Google turned up this for a 2003 Nissan Micra:-

I wonder if it's the same for your Primera?

Reply to
Ian Edwards

Thanks Ian,

I'll give it a go. I googled earlier but only for Primeras or Nissan and only in newsgroups.

I didn't realize I was asking such a dodgy question, and why working for a smartcard company makes it more dodgy I don't know!

If the Micra trick doesn't work i'll maybe just live with it till next year and take it to a Nissan dealer. Yes, I could take it back to the Reg vardy I got it from, they have stamped the log book and put a nice sticker in the window so I guess they won't have a problem clearing the message, only they are a bit out of my usual way. I guess it depends on how annoying the reminder becomes.

That's what I get for doing a bit of surfing on a friday afternoon instead of working ;-)

cheers Brian

Reply to
Brian McGuiness

we can put out service lights on 99.99% of vehicles using the snap-on -scanner, never had any problems.

Reply to
reg

"Fred" > ago.

what the info to put out the service lights is copyright ? you only have to buy the autodata book and all the service reset instructions are in there, so what happened to the lifting of the block exemption then ?

Reply to
reg

The message from "Fred"

Reply to
Guy King

To reset:

Ign on radio off press and hold info button turn volume button until self diagnostics show release info button using joystick select confirm/adjustment and press joystick down to enter select service and press enter select reset and press enter press back button three times to return to main menu switch ign off

HTH Mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:03:45 +0100, "Fred" > ago.

And you are a Usernet Cop are you?

Reply to
Jimmy

And if you read the small print it will say that no part of that book maybe reproduced copied etc without permission from Autodata.

Reply to
Fred

nope , in fact you might find it in the owners handbook, I know Mercs & V.W put it in there.

but I see further down the post Mr Cheerful has kindly posted them, saves me quoting it out of my autodata book, that's what I like about the internet, the freedom of information :o)

Reply to
reg

mrcheerful. ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I'll go along with the "Why didn't the people who serviced it do that?" - True, it doesn't have to be serviced by a dealer to remain in warranty, but it DOES have to be serviced by a "competent" garage - and that *certainly* would not be somebody who can't reset the service indicator.

What happens if you've replaced the head unit with a non-standard one?

Reply to
Adrian

first thing I thought, but probably it won't even run without the right radio unit !! I mean, a radio with a joystick ??? I like gadgets, but they can go too far.

Talking of gadgets, I got to use a Prius for a few hours this week, what an interesting experience, especially the boot up sequence, takes a couple of seconds, double beep and ready displays on the dashboard.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

No I'm not a Usenet cop I was just curious about someone from a security type company asking for info, the most likely place for that info to come from ( on this newsgroup) is a pirate copy of Autodata 2005.

Reply to
Fred

A school teacher comes round our work with computer kids to use our PCs for class. He's bought a Prius. I haven't had a chance to have a look at it. I did get a turn when he reversed out of his space when I was in the carpark having a ciggie. No starter noise etc. he just glided out. Spooky.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Stuart Gray (me@home) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Somebody round here's got a silver Prius - but they've painted the filler flap and door handles metallic grass green.

Even by the standards of the rather oddly-proportioned thing that it is, it looks *awful*.

Reply to
Adrian

Even stranger when the engine is silent at each set of lights, you think it has stalled. It has no direct starter motor, it just twitters into life as you move faster, there is no noticeable change, it just happens. One of the clever bits is that it stores hot water till the next start (in an insulated bottle thing) it then pumps that into the engine at the next boot up so that emissions are reduced and the engine is ready for action quicker.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful