revs limited

I know this has been asked many times but I can't for the life of me remember the solution.

I have a Xantia TD that drives spot on except for every now and then the revs will not go above 3000rpm. Switch the engine off and back on again and everything is okay until the next time. Please jog my memory.

TIA

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

Limp home mode?

Does it seem very underpowered when it does it?

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Sounds like it could be a faulty MAF sensor

Martin

Reply to
Auto

krystnors ( snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Which engine and what age?

Earlier Xant diesels don't even have an ECU - IIRC the 1.9 only gained an electronic pump around '96.

Reply to
Adrian

2000 W with the 2.0HDi

"Does it seem very underpowered when it does it?"

No, car drives okay. I'm generally a 'steady on the gas' driver and never noticed but swmbo has lead boots and couldn't understand why it pulled away and then "died" (when it hit 3000rpm).

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

Which engine? 1.9, 2.0HDi, 2.something?