Roorbar bolts

Hi all,

Anyone any bright idea's of where to get some replacement bolts ( or a 5 sided key ) for my genuine Renault roofbars?

Renault are a waste of time.

Bolt looks like a standard allen key at first glance but only has 5 sides.

Either need a "new" key or suggestions for a source of suitable replacement bolts.

TIA

Reply to
Him & Her

"Him & Her" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Identify the thread, and buy standard allen replacements. There's umpteen different suppliers of bolts.

Reply to
Adrian

the key is on ebay for about a fiver:

260573409676
Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks Mr. C. much appreciated. If only I'd remember *NOT* to include "Renault" when I search for things :-(

Reply to
Him & Her

While a key has now been sourced, this is still an option. What is the best (read: easiest) way to identify a thread type?

Reply to
Him & Her

"Him & Her" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Tape measure.

You're looking for the diameter, and the thread pitch.

Or just take one of the old bolts in to a bolt supplier, and say "I'd like some of these, but less wierd"

Reply to
Adrian

That's what I always used to do but I don't think there's anywhere suitable left these days (near me), will check that out tomorrow.

Reply to
Him & Her

"Him & Her" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

There's a couple near me. Whereabouts are you?

Reply to
Adrian

Warrington ( & Preston )

Reply to
Him & Her

I'd pop into Motor factor and possibly get a suggestion if not some bolts. Leyland is often a good place to look for engineering things, but not if you are just driving all round to North Preston on the Motorways.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

Ah, Yell.co.uk, nuts & bolts Warrington

Duncan Wood

Just following up with a little info that may help others googling in the future (Thanks to a pointer from Mr.C)

The "key" is available from Citroen parts departments - Part Number 9416A8 and as of April 2010 is priced at £4.00+VAT

Reply to
Him & Her

Thanks for that Duncan. Both easy to get to.

Reply to
Him & Her

Well Yell keep changing what they call them:-(

Reply to
Duncan Wood