Rover 200 mk3 headlight bulb

Anyone know if it's an H7 or an H4?

Haynes manual reckons H4 Powerbulbs website reckon H7

I don't know who to believe and the car handbook just specifies a part number of GLB472 (unipart I guess)

It's a 1997 Mk 3.

Thanks anyone who can solve the mystery! I'm after some of those 50% brighter bulbs now the nights are drawing in but don't want to invest 30 quid in the wrong sort! Does it have it printed on the bulb anywhere as I might just take one out and have a look if it's easier...

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

If it has seperate main and dipped then they are H7 dips. If they are combined it has H4.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Thanks Tim. Asked the guys on the MG-Rover forum and had a load of replies stating H4. I should learn to trust Mr. Haynes more :)

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe