Rover 200 SRS light

My SRS light has just come on. I've disconnected the battery and checked the seat wiring and what else I can see, but no luck. It seems like a trip to the main dealers ( as was ) is on the cards.

The manual says that there are three categories of failure.

  1. Light stays on continuosly.
  2. It comes on, goes off and then comes on again.
  3. It doesn't light at all during the self check.

Mine does 2.

Does anyone have a more detailed description of what each stage indicates.

TIA Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

I don't know if the SRS system is the same/similar to ford, but if it is, here are the fault codes,

1 Flash Drivers airbag failure - or open circuit to airbag (check mylar clockspring connection) 2 Flashes Passenger Airbag failure - or open circuit to airbag 3 Flashes Failure of both airbags 4 Flashes Pyrotechnic seatbelt pre-tensioner failure (Either side) 5 Flashes Drivers airbag failure - System shorted 6 Flashes Passenger airbag failure - System shorted 7 Flashes Drivers crash sensor failure 8 Flashes Passenger crash sensor failure
Reply to
Dave Griffs

Thanks for that but I don't think the lamp is as sophisticated as that on my Rover. Wish it was.

It appears that they have to plug a laptop into the diagnostic unit under the dashboard. I thought having some idea might prevent me being ripped off. Wish I wasn't sooooo suspicious.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Try actually disconnecting the connectors to the seats, cleaning the connectors and reconnecting them.

The other point of failure is usually the rotary coupler in the steering wheel - these are about =A340 to replace.

if you head over to

someone more knowledgeable might be able to tell you more about the flash codes

Reply to
a.tucker

Cheers. Done the seat bit already. Could be the coupler though. I'll try the site, thanks.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Just to tidy the thread up, I had already used professional contact cleaner and re-plugged the seat connectors many times but still the lamp appeared intermittently.

I have now chopped them out and soldered the wires directly, after disconnecting the battery and leaving for the requisite 10 minutes and I have had no further problems.

Obviously these connectors aren't just dirty, they are of poor design and can fail to connect at all.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap