Paging Ford KA2 owners

Wife's friend having problems with her central locking (with me it's usually central heating!) Ford KA2 Dec.1998 when you turn the key it locks/unlocks/locks/unlocks a few times usually stopping at unlock. Any clues where to start looking? She can't lock the car at all now, and there are some serious pikeys in the area. Thanks in advance,

JB

Reply to
JB

S'ok. Even pikeys have some level of taste ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Pull the central locking fuse and lock it up manually. IIRC my bother in law has had similar problems with the central locking on his Orion, think it may have been caused by a sticky lock / solenoid.

Reply to
Doki

And if you can't pull the central lockign fuse due to it being wired up to various other electrics, undo the cables between the car and the door...

Reply to
Doki

Cheers, JB

Reply to
JB

The wires in the multiplug between the door and the pillar are broken.... of all the total crap designs that ford come up with, this has to be near the top.

JK

Reply to
JK

I suppose you can think of a better way to get electricity to and from the stuff in the door then?

Reply to
Doki

Squirt WD40 into the lock hole and work the key a few times . Worked on mine

Tim Buckley

Reply to
A Railman

I was always told you should never oil a lock, cos the oil holds all the crap and eventually gumms up the lock.

Same person told me to lube it "if I must" with some sort of graphite powder, but then id be wary of that in anything with electricery

Reply to
Tom Burton

I'm a bit late... heh.

It could be the multiplug / wiring in the door. When water gets into it, it locks then unlocks then locks...

Reply to
DervMan