skoda felicia

Just had my 416 written off so lookin for a cheap replacement. Seen a skoda felicia 1.3GLi - 98/R with 58K on it. Just under a 100 from a dealer.

Should I enquire?

Arthur

Reply to
51

Sorry, I mean 'just under a =A31000

Reply to
51

Maybe a bit high

Autotrader lists several near to me prices from 650gbp

Tony

Reply to
TMC

He is a dealer and needs to make money. I wouldn't pay anywhere near that for a ten year old Felicia. Thay are very good cars though, I like them.

Reply to
gazzafield

If it's got tyres it's potentially a good buy.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Did you read his correction to the price? Or do you buy REALLY expensive tyres?

Reply to
gazzafield

I'm not 100% positive but I believe the 1.3 is the old Skoda Favorit engine, which is ok but noisy. I'd prefer the 1.6, which is VW.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Nope, you seem to have snipped it :-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The good old 1.3 pushrod. Never seems to breakdown.

Reply to
gazzafield

Excellent car. I had one for many years - used to get 40+ MPG out of it and it was fairly nippy too for the size of engine.

The price does sound a bit high to me.

Weak points are breaks (siezing) and some people seem to have head gasket problems but I think that this is down to poor and irregular maintenance. If you keep the oil changed frequently and the engine well serviced in general, it will go on and on.

It is the same engine as the Skoda Favorit with multi-point injection instead of the original Bosch single point.

This uses a timing chain as well so no faffing around changing belts.

Reply to
EvB

£1000 is expensive. One of these would be well under £500 good private sale.

Same engine in a 1993 Favorit only used to get me about 35mpg.

Maybe that's why.

Yes. Tractor engineering and pretty noisy, but reliable.

Look hard at the front suspension struts, they can rust badly, especially around the lower spring seats.

Reply to
Vim Fuego

Oh, and corrosion around the rear windscreen.

Reply to
Vim Fuego

Can't they just. Mine had a strut break of at the top mount. Fun is one way of putting it when it happens at 60mph!

Reply to
gazzafield

"gazzafield" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

had no issues with my fronts, but the rears did exactly that. but they just went on to the h bar, not a tyre.

Reply to
Neil - Usenet