Sprayguns

Hi,

Anyone know of a decent spraygun for metallic finish available to buy new currently?

Ta.

Reply to
Al

You will only know when you use it in your conditions on your job, Sagola or Devilbiss would be probably the safest options to try first, but paint, conditions, job, user and expectations are all too variable for anything definitive.

Reply to
MrCheerful

What sort of spraygun? Airless? High or low pressure? Gravity feed?

Or do you mean a complete spraying set?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Suitable for connection to an air-line. Gravity or suction feed.

Reply to
Al

Devilbiss were surely the ones to beat back in the day. I just wondered if there was a cheaper alternative today that could achieve the same quality finish coupled with silky smoothness of operation.

Reply to
Al

HVLP or old school?

Reply to
MrCheerful

Well, I have a relatively small receiver (50l) even though the compressor itself can go to 116psi. My main weakness when it comes to sprayguns is sustained air-flow. Not a problem with primer or clear coats, obvs, but a pita when it comes to metallic or other fancy top-coats where you need a sustained pattern dispersal independent of momentary air pressure drops.

Reply to
Al

Yes. No real point in the very best spray gun if the compressor ain't up to the job.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)