Those BXGTI Int lights

I've got a 1989 BX GTI, I've got a similar problem except my courtesy lights work fine off switches and the rear doors but not the front doors.

To confuse things further, the little display next to the ash tray that tells you which doors are open still works perfectly!

That display works OK on mine too!

I would have thought that your door switches for the front doors are dirty or corroded and failing to earth. Quite simple to replace or clean them. I assume your delay is working if you open and close a back door? By which I mean the int lights stay on for a period after you close the door.

I am wondering if the replacement timer that I fitted is duff, or if there is some other gizmo somewhere in the circuit which may be defective. Local Citroen garage failed miserably when asked to correct this fault of course.

You don't happen to have a manual, I suppose? Love to see a wiring diagram!

Reply to
Lofty.

The delay timer on my car is fine (fades straight away if engine is running etc). I'm going to have a go at the switches in the door jamb with some contact cleaner/multimeter soon.

Ha! My car's not going near a Citroen dealer, not as long as I've got it anyway. I tried to get some bits and bobs from a Citroen parts desk when I was changing the clutch, the man at the desk told me that I'd have to buy some little bolts in multiples of 50 at £1.25+VAT because "there's not a lot of BXs about any more sir, we'd never be able to sell the rest of them" The fact that he looked them up on the ZX section of the parts computer had me very close to being quite rude.

I have a Haynes, I'm not the best at relating wiring diagrams to real life. I could have a quick go at scanning the wiring diagrams if you like, failing that they aren't expensive on ebay.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Neither are Haynes. The XM manual has a "typical" wiring diagram which given there were less variants of that car (certainly the Mk 1 version) than the BX speaks volumes.

Reply to
Malc

Malc ( snipped-for-privacy@lightindigooverthere.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The wiring diagram in the XM HBoL would probably describe the wiring in a BX better than the wiring in an XM...

Reply to
Adrian

I thought XM wiring was easy to fix. If it's broken, set fire to it and get another.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

That would be great Douglas - I try to resist using ebay - but may have to succumb to that if your effort fails me! Regards, Lofty

Reply to
Lofty.

RichardK ( snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMbtconnect.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, Richard, that's hydraulic pipes...

Reply to
Adrian

If it wasn't for the blown exhaust gasket, Isle-of-Mull underside and suspension linkage... I'd have considered that beast worthy of repiping. The infopanel still had a few lines working, after all...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Tend to find that HBoL wiring diagrams are the ones from the manufacturers workshop manuals.

Well, I've found that with most of the ones I've experienced.

Rather good if you ask me, I don't know why people complain about 'em..

Reply to
Pete M