Three wheels or four?

Cross country walking, big wheels so OK on paths and in a bit of mud, but they fold up better than traditional style 4 wheel prams.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

"Doki" mumbled:

Morgans were widely used for touring when they were around.

Reply to
Guy King

I meant the quality of the rack. IIRC it was a bit skewift, looked like it was made of pine and alu pipe, not quite up to what I'd expect from Morgan.

Reply to
Doki

Strange. I'd not find it difficult to make a device with non driven wheels to have the C of G I wanted, regardless of wheel size. Perhaps you never made carts as a kid?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Because they are more stable on an uneven surface, and easier to adjust for level. On an even surface, a four legged stand would be more stable.

Camera tripods are obviously three legged, but camera dollies (apart from pedestals) have four wheels - even the type which don't go on track.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

looked like it

from Morgan

Homemade? I don't recall Morgans fitting a rack as std, but one may have been offered as an accessory. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G