toad alarm on golf

HELP HELP

Just changed the battery on my golf and the alarm has cut in now giving bleeps and wont reset.Turning the key does nothing apart from all the warning lights flickering and the speedo needle moves.So must be some way of resetting it? Pushing the remote key has no effect ignition on or off.Can anyone help??

Reply to
Capt T

If it's a 'rolling code' alarm (which I suspect it probably is) then your alarm will have reset itself to the beginning of the sequence, but the fob will not.

Remove the battery from the fob, hold the fob button for a few seconds to drain any residual current, then replace the battery and try it.

Reply to
SimonJ