VW Polo 1985 keys.

I only use it for taking the dog out and SWMBO was putting the new tax disc in it from the passenger side and has now locked the only key for it inside the car. Anybody have any ideas about what to do to fix the car rather than SWMBO please? pete

Reply to
pete

a thin blade 400mm ish long x 25mm wide x 1mm thick with a hook style slot cut on one side on the end.

slide down, between window glass and seal close to lock/internal latch.

feel around until you hook the lock/latch mechanism and pull upwards.

expert did this for me once took him 15 seconds and cost me £40. Admittedly he had the tool and drive 5 miles to the garage I was stuck in.

toy

Reply to
Toy

Oh yes and I was in Wal-Mart at Morgan City, Louisiana, USA at the time so didn't have much option but to call a locksmith.

toy

Reply to
Toy

You can use nylon packing tape to lift the door knob, or punch the door below the lock with a small screwdriver

Reply to
DuncanWood

I have managed to get into the car using a bit of wire which hooked the button and lifted it. Thanks to everyone who replied. pete

Reply to
pete

Some ethnic lowlife got into my Xantia in France by pushing down in a specific spot with a two mm drift. Luckily there wasn't much to steal and the damage is nil- just a little mark which can hardly be seen. Modern cars (year 2000) anyway with no proper security! The device unlocked all doors and the boot,- which doesn't have a separate keylock like the older model. daveK.

Reply to
davek

In news:opsjn6z9y6kx08km@amy, DuncanWood decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

The packing tape is a great idea, the punching the door with a screwdriver one is terrible.

Reply to
Pete M

That's a from bitter experience, it's why eurocarparts sell little metal plates to reinforce that bit of polo & golf doors.

Reply to
DuncanWood

In news:opsjqztgdzkx08km@amy, DuncanWood decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Yeah, I know.. I've had a few Mk2 Golfs.

Reply to
Pete M