Toyota Carina M reg Estate , Sidcup SE London

I have a Toyota Carina M reg Estate that had failed the mot on the co last year. I am about to scrap it. Some guys on the yellow pages said they will come and collect it for free ? I know that the radio still works and I am keeping that. Is there any other bits that is worth keeping or is it worth the trouble to sell it bits by bits.

Sidcup,SE15

Reply to
john smile

take it in to a scrap merchants , they will pay you 80 pounds for it (scrap metal value for one ton) you will need the v5 and your driving licence

Reply to
MrCheerful

I doubt if you'd be able to sell many bits as Toyotas never go wrong. Light clusters perhaps, where folk have crunched them. And don't forget that the Yellow Pages people will probably see a half stripped car as an excuse to try to charge you for its removal.

... and a wheelbarrow to carry the tyres away with when they insist you keep them.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

what else is wrong with it? Sometimes a good blast can fix CO levels. Unless it's failure of the rather expensive toyota lambda sensor of course....

Reply to
john

my one will sort the tyres for you, but deduct 1 pound per tyre left on the car.

Reply to
MrCheerful

That's very reasonable of them.

Reply to