transit

hi my 94 2.5 diesel transit recently ran out of diesel put more diesel in but it would not start do i have to prime the pump if so how and where is it

Reply to
johnny via CarKB.com

no primer on those just keep spinning it over, but we've had a couple recently that have been run out of diesel & the only way to get them running was to tow them up the road !

Reply to
reg

Crack open the front fuel pipe on the pump, then crank the engine till fuel comes out. Then do the same for the rear pipe. Then crack the injector pipes, and crank the engine while holding the throttle down, and crank until you get fuel spraying out from all 4 injectors, retighten them, then start as normal.

Reply to
SimonJ

They normally start if you just crack one or two of the injector nuts & wait for fuel, or a shot of easistart does the job.

Reply to
Duncanwood

And keep your hands out of the way - the diesel spray from an injector can go right through your skin, and diesel in the bloodstream is not as good for you as it is for a Transit.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable