Vauxhall Calibra as scrap

Hi,

I've just had my pristine (well, it was before some bloke in a van hit it from behind) car deemed as being a write off. The insurers have given me a value for it, but I've now been told I get to keep the car. Now - I don't really want an undriveable car sitting outside of my house, and I'm not too keen on paying somebody to drive it away for me.

There's plenty of decent spare parts there (including some nice alloys and black leather seats) - is there any way of getting somebody to take it off my hands for free? Or even actually paying me for the pleasure?

As you might be able to tell, it's my first proper accident and I have absolutely no clue as to what to do now.

Thanks for any advice!

Reply to
dodgrile

Where are you located?

Reply to
JB

Stick it on eBay. Take a few pics. Make a point of all the good parts, ally's, tyres, leather seats. The engine, g/box, if they're OK, rest of the bodywork etc. Starting price £1. No reserve. Make it clear that you're selling the whole car, 'as is'. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Seconded. List in two categories - cars Vauxhall and car parts. Make sure the title works for people doing a search, so write it something like "Calibra alloy wheels trim leather interior engine gearbox spares" Make sure the seller's postcode is listed correctly so any scrap buyers doing a search for cheap cars within 50 miles (or 10) will find it. I doubt if it'll go for less than £50. The interior should be worth £150 on its own.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

And remember to say "Collection only", and make sure they're aware it isn't road legal! Might be kinda obvious - but you're covering your back when they drive off with it or something.

David Hearn

I'm located in Cannock, Staffordshire.

Reply to
dodgrile

Reply to
dodgrile

Did the payout include an amount for the car's disposal? If you just want to get rid of it demand that the insurance co do so. ...but you'll get a few quid by breaking it or by selling it on on ebay. Is the car categorised by the insurance co??

Reply to
adder1969

I've not been given any categorisation yet, but I think I'm going to try the Ebay route first off, see how that works out. If not, I'll try and sort out something with the insurance people.

Reply to
dodgrile