W reg PUG 306 HDi D-turbo

I have just been trying to sort out the rear speakers, the wiring has been well bodged.

Can anybody please tell me which wires are +ve and -ve for both the left and the right rear speakers? I have the choice of black, brown, purple and blue.

Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
Lenny

quickest way will be to pull the radio and look there.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Similar to wot he said ^^ but with this additional bit of info if you don't have the head unit wiring diag:

1 set the balance controls on the radio so that all the sound is only coming from one side 2 set the front/rear fader to rear only - sound only from one speaker now 3 connect a speaker across each pair in turn until you hear something, keep that pair together 4 if the sound seems flat or wrong reverse the wiring to each speaker, i.e. flip the + & - wires 5 connect the speakers properly and then reset the balance & fader

-- Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

Thanks Chris and Mrcheerful,

Had a mental block yesterday when trying to sort out wires, I set fader to rear but forgot to set balance Doh!! :-(

Speakers now all set up and working as they should.

Lenny

Reply to
Lenny