Warranty equity

Are the any instances of a manufacture matching a warranty in the US here in the UK?

A tad galling to find that VW usa have extended the warranty on DSG gearboxes to 10 years on models from 2006 onwards.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Sounds like they've had lots of failures on earlier models.

But the US is different to elsewhere. I had suspension strut failure on my BMW (outside warranty) and BMW UK claimed it was a one off. In the US, they'd issued a recall for this exact fault. And would fix it regardless of age.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think VWoA have always had a better warranty than VAG UK. 100,000 miles on drivetrain, a few years ago.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

VW have a shit warranty here, 70k miles or 3 years, rubbish.

Reply to
Nige

Reply to
Ormolu

As much as that?

My 2008 Touran came with 60k or 3 years. This meant the warranty expired when the car was 22 months old. Fortunately nothing has gone wrong in the intervening 30k miles, though it had a new heated rear window, rear door lock assembly, rear seatbelt buckle and centre console within the warranty .

Reply to
Doctor D