Will a 1990 55w alternator go on an 1988 Polo (55w)

Hi Chums, subject says it all. Have cross referenced, there are slight number differences twixt the two but I dont want to waste my time and efforts, I know, suck it and see, but I just wondered if anyone new.

ta

Julian

ps the one coming off is a Valeo 2940300 036.903.023S, and the one that might be kind to me is a Bosch that is indeed a 55w job but the numbers at the end are slightly different. The Lucas would be a LRA 774

Reply to
J A Sims

I assume you mean 55 amp? 55w would just about manage one headlamp.

If it physically fits, and the pulley is the same diameter and the fan belt lines up ok, the only thing left is the wiring. And most are interchangeable, but you need to check the main output cable is up to the job if the new alternator is higher output.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks, all went well, body was slightly different, but adjusted :-)) so all okay.

ta

J A Sims