Will a space saver wheel pass the MOT?

You are now free to despair. I cannot belive I missed that, after I thought I read the reasons and even went out to my car to check the numbers off the tire.

I have to wonder though, what it is about that tire that makes it "Special lightweight or space saving", it is no smaller than some wheels I have had on other cars. Probably no more than the sticker on it.

Reply to
davidjones

:-)

It's often the case that the obvious is overlooked; I do it all the time.

But the point is that it is (presumably) smaller than the "proper" ones for that vehicle.

The characteristics of each wheel/tyre combination need to be matched to the weight and performance of the vehicle they are fitted to.

Take heart from the fact that you have a spare; some new cars don't!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Best thing would be to obtain three more space savers. At least they'd all match.

Reply to
Mark W

...but as my post at 7:18 today shows, it would still fail of course.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Ian (Ian ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Not to people who have proven themselves to be completely deserved in their inclusion in my killfile, and especially not to those who take great delight in morphing to escape it - like Terry.

Reply to
Adrian