Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Car radio codes! (2023 Update)
Friend of mine has an old Nissian Almera 2003 vintage. Managed to leave the lights on for a whole weekend, so battery went l almost dead! Jump stated but now the blinking car radio needs a security...
2
2

Oil Sump Pump
I see these were on sale recently at Lidl. I'd always thought they were a bad idea as you can't be sure you get all the old oil out. But I gather some garages use them and it'd certainly make my life...
17
17

1934 Talbot why this performance?
Looking at this 1934 Talbot which was the Bees Knees at the time: says 2,969 cc 100hp @ 4.500 rpm. Over head valves. top speed 85mph and 0 to 50 in 16 seconds. With that engine capacity and HP, why...
4
4

Electric seat adjustment fault
2020 Kia Soul EV My wife wanted to adjust the seat back to make it more upright but the seat wouldn?t move that way, only recline, not go up. I thought it might be a faulty switch but thankfully...
3
3

Incredibly stupid brake pipe flare
Gentlemen, Does anyone know of a supplier for brake pipes such as these? (see link). For some reason, some cretin decided it would be a great idea to form a bulge about an inch from the end of the...
24
24

Left hand wheel nuts??
Came across wheel studs with L-H threads on the n/s rear of a car today. Never encountered that before! What on earth is the point? Anyone else come across this outrage?
21
21

Breaker Bars / wheel nuts
First some background so you understand the overall problem. I recently changed the wheels ( rims / tyres) on our Ducato based motorhome, as part of an up plating process. The person who fitted the...
14
14

Wot's this car bit called?
HI all, What is the correct name for this car component? You often see them mounted on the bulkhead behind the brake master cylinder. They're kind of like a distribution point for brake fluid. They...
17
17

Inexpensive car for young driver
Which would you say is a better bet for an inexpensive oldish small car for a new young driver to buy? A Yaris or a Polo ?
3
3

Toyota losing the plot?
Has there ever been a more laughably pointless patent? The technology was designed to imitate the feel of a manual gearbox, but it won’t bring any performance benefit to the vehicle
24
24

Suddenly a second Brake Caliper situation
My beloved twenty year old motor was entered into a main dealer for a Manufacturers 'Safety Recall' recently. It didn't cost me anything so cannot imagine the garage was overjoyed to get this job....
6
6

Auto choke releasing too early
Gentlemen, Does anyone know what the usual cause for an automatic choke coming off too early is? I find cold starting easy enough and get a nice smooth idle -but only for the first 30 seconds or so...
39
39

2014 Focus Ecoboost 1.0 strange problem
Hi, My 2014 Focus Ecoboost 1.0 has an unusual problem. Arriving home, I removed the key but the engine kept running. Eventually, after turning the key several times did the engine stop. Then on...
1
1

Sync2 Ford Upgrade
Hi Guys I have been looking into updating my Ford Focus (UK) Sync software. Looking at the screen shots on the Ford web site, I have decided that the car has the Sync2 (My Touch) version. The car is a...
2
2

how hard is finding CANbus problems
I have a Vauxhall-Opel shitbox with error code U0009 that means CANbus short circuit An auto electrician said it could take up to 5 days to find the fault! 40 hours labour would be more than the car...
5
5