Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Suddenly a second Brake Caliper situation
My beloved twenty year old motor was entered into a main dealer for a Manufacturers 'Safety Recall' recently. It didn't cost me anything so cannot imagine the garage was overjoyed to get this job....
6
6

Auto choke releasing too early
Gentlemen, Does anyone know what the usual cause for an automatic choke coming off too early is? I find cold starting easy enough and get a nice smooth idle -but only for the first 30 seconds or so...
39
39

2014 Focus Ecoboost 1.0 strange problem
Hi, My 2014 Focus Ecoboost 1.0 has an unusual problem. Arriving home, I removed the key but the engine kept running. Eventually, after turning the key several times did the engine stop. Then on...
1
1

Sync2 Ford Upgrade
Hi Guys I have been looking into updating my Ford Focus (UK) Sync software. Looking at the screen shots on the Ford web site, I have decided that the car has the Sync2 (My Touch) version. The car is a...
2
2

how hard is finding CANbus problems
I have a Vauxhall-Opel shitbox with error code U0009 that means CANbus short circuit An auto electrician said it could take up to 5 days to find the fault! 40 hours labour would be more than the car...
5
5

Water based Paint Question
Large polystyrene sculpture needs a tough and hard wearing coat of paint. Using a Cellulose Based Paint is not a possibility because of the small studio space available. The idea so far is to use...
6
6

Drum Brakes rather than Disc Brakes
Looking at most smaller cars i can see the rear brakes are Drum type while at the front of the car are Disk type. I cannot think Drums are that much cheaper to manufacture than Disc type and i thought...
16
16

Vauxhall corsa handbook.
I'd like to get an owners manual & "infotainment" guide suitable for a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 16V Limited Edition 3dr 2014. Can Vaxhall themselves provide one, or is it "find a used one", any pointers?
2
2

Citroen C3 Picasso rear disk replacement
Just been helping my neighbour change rear disks and pads on a C3 Picasso. Typical Peugeot/Citoen, the rear disks have sealed bearing inside the disks and you cannot buy the disks on their own...
22
22

DVLA licence renewal reminders
Do the DVLA send reminders? Just found out that my licence expired last month. No reminder. :-( Tim
6
6

OT: MoT test: absence of delay
MoT this week was unlike any since the computerised system started. No delay after arrived. Car was on the lift within a few minutes. In and out in less 30 minutes. Have they changed the system to...
9
9

Corsa D ticking.
Is this normal? It's very very recently had a new timing chain. 103,000 miles, plus recent oil change. This recording by mobile dvice held close to LK end of "cam cover":
5
5

OT: Car for new driver.
19-y-o (soon to be 20), has had moped & 125 since getting provisional licence at 16, needs cheap reliable economical car with cheap insurance, about £2,000, not more. Have been looking at cars...
8
8

Dipping Headlights Aygo
I?m sure I?m missing something obvious. We?ve just bought a new (2021) Toyota Aygo for Senior Management. Smashing little car, ideal for what we want. I wanted a set of spare bulbs- not least as we...
3
3

It started with a puncture...
Couple of weeks ago, got a loud clicking noise just after leaving home. Turned out to be a largish metal object in a rear tyre. Looked to be the triangular blade from a paint stripping tool. Couldn't...
15
15