97 Miata

Hi group:

Purchased a 97 Classic Red; black cloth interior about a month ago. Sure is fun to drive. It is bone stock, no mods at all. Which is what I wanted. It has 80K miles; I gave $6800 for it. I think that was a fair price considering the overall shape and condition.

What I find interesting is there is only one plate on it that says Mazda. How come there are no "Miata" tags or plates? Or is mine just missing something?

Thanks, gjt

Reply to
user

It is missing the miata tag on the rear driver's side. Either the previous owner took it off, or someone stole it, as they did with mine. :(

Best is to take a yellow post-it note, write on it "This is a Miata," and stick it on top of the instrument cluster hood. You will see it each time you get into the car, and remember again what model you are driving.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Leon, Leon, Leon.......

Don't take him too harshly, he rarely gets let out of his cage.

gjt: nice purchase, great platform to enjoy or improve, your decision!

Lots of info @ miata.net check it out!

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to