Aerial (antenna)

Hi all,

My electric aerial (antenna to you US-ers!) has stopped going up and down, and is stuck somewhere in the middle. It doesn't seem to be the electrics or the motor - when I turn off the car I can hear and feel the motor trying to wind the aerial in, but it doesn't move. I've tried gently pushing/pulling it and it doesn't want to move, but I don't know whether that's because something is jammed, or because it wouldn't do that even if it worked properly. I can twist/turn it to the left and right at its base, so it doesn't seem to be stuck there, and similarly I can compress each individual segment of the arial a millimeter or two into the next one, so nothing seems to be completely jammed up. Any pointers?

thanks

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber

Probably the plastic strip. $10 or so. Instructions for antennas are at

course, if you insists of having an aerial, that leaves youup in the air (ie, with airs.) Be very careful with opening the motor as the instructions recklessly suggest. You will almost certainly drop a piece from the inside on the floor and only find it after you have already obtained a new motor from the Dealer at $130.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

I installed a replacement mast in my 97,and it works great !!

Unfortunately,it cost 24 CDN dollars.

Reply to
rickd

They do seem to have gone up a lot from when I bought mine:

Another question is why the 1999+ one is so much more?

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen