Automatic Miata

obviously we have a pure freakin IDIOT trying to disturb this grp. faking our NIC/addies. A shame this is a USENET grp., cause otherwise he/she could/would be BANNED!!!!

Reply to
Jazz_Azz

P.S. If it helps at all, I just reported the above person to Google Grps' Abuse. Maybe they can be tracked/Blocked by their IP address. One of my CyberPals from another grp. traced his or her IP addy, if also not spoofed to South Korea.

Just ignore his rambling on about OT scriptural posts. THEY ARE NOT ME, OR anyone else he/she does it to.

Reply to
Jazz_Azz

Reply to
Chuck

They're quite common in Japan, but of course the steering wheel is on the wrong side for the USA.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Of the car or the ocean?

miker

Reply to
miker

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Well in my more experienced years (over 50 now) I have come to realize that there are many different reasons for people doing things than we might think are silly, and we should not be so quick to judge. For example, I enjoy coffee, and I like it with caffeine, so one morning at the coffee maker at work, the regular coffee was gone, and a pot of decaf was brewing. I made a comment to those waiting such as "why would anyone want decaf anyway, what's the point"? One of the higher up mangers commented how he was told by his doctor he needed to lay off the caffeine... so there you have it. Foot in mouth, I apologized for my comment. I think the same is true for an automatic Miata. I have a good friend that suffered a stroke, and can still drive, but unfortunately not an manual shift, in fact he has to use his left foot and had to modify the accelerator pedal to do so. So let's try to steer clear of the automatic vs. manual issue and just let people have fun driving their Miata!

Reply to
bipestuff

Alright already, I give in. I'll put my "Foot in Mouth" after my shower, if y'all don't mind.

Incidentally, before retiring, and commuting at least an hour, often times longer each way, a manual never would have bothered me. I guess since I learned on a 3 speed on the column at 15 1/2 many moons ago, driving a manual seems automatic to me. Funny, many times when I jump into one of the two automatic vehicles we do have, my Wifes Chevy Monte Carlo, or my Chevy S10 P/U, I will go to push down the clutch out of habit>>LOL. And a couple of times, once at the mailbox, and once in our driveway, I accidentally jumped out of my P/U forgetting to take it out of drive, having to quickly run after it jumping back in to bring it to a stop. The time in our driveway, P/U facing toward the street, if I hadn't been quick enough, the truck would have plowed into our across the street's neighbor truck. And I partially wrenched my arm, reflexively grabbing onto the truck, thinking that I could stop it like Superman>>>LOL LOL. Thank goodness, I have not done that in a long time :-).

My Wife only driving automatics has never done that, thank goodness, since she could never catch it :-).

Reply to
Jazz_Azz

Maybe you should consider a bicycle... 8;)

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

Already have two ten speeds (Wife and I) and a tandem>LOL.

Reply to
Jazz_Azz

"Ten speeds"? How quaint!

Now if your tandem is a Cousin ITT, I retract my harrassment. 8;)

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

or if one is an autobike by csa... ;)

Christopher Muto

The Tandem says, "Outfitter 9018," on it. And I can not even recall where we bought it. My ten speed is an OLD Peugot (??SP??), that I bought back in the 70s, and working in downtown Oakland, Calif, for Pacific Hell (I mean Bell>LOL), would ride that puppy back and forth to work all summer and most of fall, till it got too cold, wintry. I think my Wifes ten speed is an old Montgomery Ward bike, both hanging upside down in the garage. The tandem on its' two flat tires, in front of her Monte Carlo. Every time I ask her if she wants to go ride, she doesn't. Old age setting in at only 55>LOL. Actually we ought to go out and buy one of those little tow behind doggie carts for our Jack Russell. Then she probably would want to :-).

Reply to
Jazz_Azz