Can you id this part?

Are you suggesting that I am less than perfect? Is this going to have to turn into a full-blown fisticuffs? We could meet halfway. Before you make that decision, you might want to look at my latest offerings to see just what type of manly man you are dealing with here. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Indeed. The Marie Osmond cover pretty much says it all, Bubba. :-)

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I figured that you would zoom in on the 1977 Farrah issue. It even has instructions on how to create the "Farrah-Do".

My mother went to school with F. Faucett in Corpus Christi, same year and homeroom, she still has the yearbooks. She won most beautiful for senior year, (Farrah, not my mom, who of course is much more beautiful. There was a controversy over hanging chads during the voting). :-)

Now, almost 40 years later, her son is trying to sell a magazine online that features her former classmate. Definitely a very rapidly changing world.

Pat bubba-rock

Reply to
pws

I just realized that the magazine might have a better chance of selling if I go ahead and spell her name correctly. This is scary, my mind is starting to go nearly as badly as Chris D.

No response from him yet, I see. I have a feeling that it is going to be both brutal and merciless.

Pat

Reply to
pws

You mean like Bush with Afghanistan and Iraq?

Reply to
ut-oh

exactly!

Chris

99bbb
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I can only say one thing .........UNCLE! you're killing me! Farrah Fawcett in Womans Day!? I've got to have it!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I thought so. You just don't mess with a man hawking costume jewelry, cookie cutters, Woman's Day magazines and Lenox vases.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Add a few Precious Moments pieces and you'll be utterly (udderly?) invincible.

Did you just get divorced and your ex took all the good stuff, or what?

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

This is my personal stuff that I am reluctantly letting go. Are you suggesting that a man should not treasure such items? How sexist.

Also, have you been looking through my stuff? I am actually working on a few Precious Moments listings right now. (seriously) I also have 300 more cookie cutters that go up this weekend if you are interested.

There will be a 1996 miata steering column, two working headlight buckets with motors and white lids, and the power steering rack system up soon to keep this slightly on-topic. Hopefully the OEM cruise control as well of I can get all of that wiring and the control box out of there. :-)

What is amazing is that the costume jewelery that I have been and will be selling has a total retail value of well over $8,000.00, maybe over $10,000. It is expensive stuff, (Lunch at the Ritz), with Swarovski & similar crystals but almost no gold and no real diamonds or other precious gemstones, but a set of earrings can easily retail for $250.00, and a necklace can be over $1000.00 alone.

What people will spend their money on blows me away.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I've got a couple of those tiny cookie cutters around here somewhere. A pony, a cat and something else that I can't recall right now. I used that cat one in making a "headstone" (stepping stone) for my kitty, Mick, when he went over the Rainbow Bridge.

Swarovski crystals are outrageously expensive - gorgeous but too expensive.

What was it P. T. Barnum said?

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

That's sweet. My first group did not sell and I found some more so I now have two small kitty cookie cutters.

The 300 that I have are the larger open-end style for the most part. That plus 12 of those aluminum cake pans.

If you ever find any cookie cutters that look really old and have holes in them for your fingers instead of handles, grab 'em. Those can be worth $200.00 or more EACH. Wood handles can be a good sign too.

Tis the season for baking! :-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pat

Reply to
pws

I am guessing that there will not be a lot of conversation at all today, much less on-topic conversation. I liked your reference to the rainbow bridge and was wondering if you had ever read this.

Pat

The Rainbow Bridge

inspired by a Norse legend

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill, Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still. Where the friends of man and woman do run, When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next, Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest. On this golden land, they wait and they play, Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness, For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness. Their limbs are restored, their health renewed, Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care, Until one day they start, and sniff at the air. All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back, Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met, Together again, both person and pet. So they run to each other, these friends from long past, The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart, Has turned into joy once more in each heart. They embrace with a love that will last forever, And then, side-by-side, they cross over? together.

© 1998 Steve and Diane Bodofsky. All Rights Reserved.
Reply to
pws

hell Pat, can you even remember what the topic was ;-) get a grip on yourself, your falling apart! Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

True, I have no idea what it was. Is this what it feels like when the memory starts to go, or can you remember back that far, oh ye ancient one.? ;-)

I have been thinking about giving this a try. I have never snow-skied or para-glided, but it looks cool and is probably very safe. What'cha think?

Pat

Reply to
pws

Oh yes, and it brings tears to my eyes every time. There was a version going around a month or so ago referencing Steve Irvin - I'll try to dig it up for you.

When we had Mick cremated, they gave us a similar poem - it's been over a year and a half and I *still* can't read that poem all the way through without tears.

I figure there's going to be a real crowd of my former pets waiting for me. ;-)

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Okay, I actually was smart enough to save this one....

An interesting day at the Rainbow Bridge.

Rainbow Bridge is a place of both peace and anticipation as departed pets await their beloved owners. There are plenty of things to keep them contented while they wait: trees you can't get stuck in, endless meadows, splashing streams, thickets perfect to hide in for pounce- attack games.

But one day the residents noticed some rather... unusual newcomers arrive.

The koalas and the kangaroos slipped in rather quietly, but then came the bearded dragons, the skinks and the goannas. The influx of snakes startled an entire family of cats up a tree. Pythons, cobras, tiger snakes, brown snakes and even fierce snakes. There were so many at one point, it seemed the ground itself was alive with writhing. A burly wombat shouldered his way through the crowd and plopped down in a shady spot, barely missing a Jack Russell terrier who yapped indignantly as he abandoned his position.

And then the crocodiles showed up.

Finally, a Great Dane managed to get up enough nerve to approach one of the reptillian giants.

"Um....excuse me," he said hesitantly. "But why are you all here?"

The croc dropped her jaw and laughed. "Same as you, mate," she said. "Waitin' for someone who loved us."

The dogs, cats, gerbils and other "typical pets" looked at each other in confusion, then at the plethora of weird, ugly and downright deadly creatures assembled. Who on Earth could possibly love some of those faces?

"I see him!" shouted a green mamba from his vantage point in one of the trees. A cacophony of squeaks, hisses, bellows and roars erupted as the mob surged forward toward a lone human walking across the field toward the bridge. The other animals managed to catch a glimpse of him before he was overwhelmed by the crowd.

"CRIKEY!" he shouted joyously, right before he was bowled over by the wombat.

"Well, I'll be," said a Persian as she tidied up her fur. "It's that Aussie my human liked to watch on TV. Had to be the craziest human on the whole planet."

"Oh, please," remarked a echidna as he hurried by. "Is it really that that crazy to passionately love something God made?"

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

That's cool. I liked Steve. In my opinion, he "lived" many times longer in his 44 years than some people do that "exist" for twice as long.

What about people like me that own tortoises, or people with the big parrots? Do we have to wait for them? Unless something tragic happens, my pet could very well still be around in the year 2110 or even beyond that.

I don't think that I will be. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Iva wrote: >

Brings to mind Clifford Simak's 1944 story _Desertion._ It takes place in orbit around, and upon, the planet Jupiter. Human volunteers have themselves technologically transformed into a native Jupiterian life-form called "lopers," and are sent down to the surface of Jupiter to explore, but one and all disappear without a trace.

yrs jp

Reply to
Johnny Phenothiazine

Reply to