clutch pedal engagement point? is it near the top or bottom of the pedal stroke?

Recently, i purchased a 1990 Miata with a problem of shifting. At times, out of the blue, it will not go into 1st. gear without turning off the engine. It will also not go into reverse unless i stop the engine. Most of the time it shifts just fine. The transmission engages with the pedal about an inch from the floor. Any ideas? Please, I love the car. Its the most fun i have had in years. I have replaced the slave cylinder and bled it 3 times. Thank you JON

Reply to
Dacronman

Near the bottom. At least that's where my 2000's is.

Reply to
shkarst

That's where it's always been on my 1990...

Reply to
Alan Baker