Diagnosis request

G'day all.

'90 Eunos Roadster/MX5/Miata manual

Was driving home this afternoon on the freeway, and the motor just stopped. No noises, nothing going bang, it just stopped.

Dropped it into neutral and rolled to a stop in the emergency lane. When turning it to start, the starter motor whizzes around, but absolutely nothing else happens.

The correct engine warning lights all work, brake lights work, indicator/hazards work, but no motorvation.

Got dad to tow me home, but she's sitting dead in the garage. What are they likely to tell me tomorrow?

Local question: Anywhere in Perth Western Australia I should get her to (from Osborne Park) or should I just go to Auto Bahn in Ozzie Park, where they've been good to her in the past?

Reply to
M i c C u l l e n

Mike®

As others have said, you dropped the timing belt--the clue is the "starter motor whizzes around", with the valves not opening and closing there is no compression...

Reply to
Cliff Knight

And you may want to check the crankshaft issue on miata.net very carefully:

It is not what they are likely to tell you, son; it is what you are likely to tell them if your engine needs to be replaced.

Le>As others have said, you dropped the timing belt--the clue is the "starter

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Hi Mic,

Try Formaz in O'Connor