hate the black dash of the 2006 MX5

it looks good but I am tired of cleaning off pollen, dust etc. Anyone have experience with the Mazda factory dash kits or any other. I would like to get the same as what is on the 2006 Special edition.

Reply to
mowgli

Mmmm, imagine fake leopard fur...

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Lanny, are you referring to what that pollen build up might look like if he just quits wiping it off all the time?

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Actually, I wasn't--I was thinking of Keith Tanner's Cadillac "restoration." But I like your concept!

Real Soon Now, some vendor should be selling a faux carbon fiber kit for the NC dash. So you see, it could be worse...

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

861&selectedMajorCategoryId884&vehicleCode=MX5#11893 About 2/3 of the way down you will find the retrofits for the panel. No carbon fiber that I could find but you could have aluminum or wood if that suits.

Reply to
John McGaw

Oh my gosh, WOOD! RUN! wish I could see a picture of that. Seems I saw one with every possible piece faux wood, probably it was in that picture and I just missed it as I RAN!

Chris

99BBB

861&selectedMajorCategoryId884&vehicleCode=MX5#11893>

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Run all you want, there are certain things that you can not *unsee*

There should be a disclaimer on such pictures. The (real) wood brake handle and shift knob came off of my former '96M just as fast as I could get black metal voodoo versions ordered for it.

My apologies to any faux wood fans who may be offended........

Pat

Reply to
pws