Is this as fast as a Miata?

Which would win in a top speed race?

XS11E

The result would depend on the location. Take both vehicles and place them on, for example, the Nürburgring (or any other 'real' driving situation for that matter) and the Miata will win easily every time and by huge margins.

Reply to
John McGaw

Straight line only! To even things up, we'll make the Miata a white one, not one of the slower colors*, OK?

*Leon could explain it if he were here!
Reply to
XS11E

I was wondering why they did not paint the rocket car white......

How would you like to do 1050 mph in a land vehicle? Faster than a round from a .357 magnum, that is impressive!

Pat

Reply to
pws

No, I wouldn't..... at 1050 mph you probably couldn't hear the radio and what's a drive w/o tunes?

Reply to
XS11E

Ah, but think of the exhaust note!

Reply to
Stuart H.

"Think" is all you'd manage, since over Mach 1 you'd not be able to hear it. :)

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

The exhaust note is what I have playing on the radio!

Reply to
XS11E

Question is, can you hear the radio or are you outrunning those sound waves too? Or, are the sound waves being generated at 1050 mph at their inception and being propelled faster than that, in the forward direction, causing them (theoretically) to be heard? Chew on that one! Inquiring minds want to know.

Chris

99BBB@sub1050mph
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Earphones!

Reply to
XS11E

Good Question!

The driver, radio, speakers, and air inside the cabin are all going (hopefully anyway) the same speed. What do you think?

Or, if you happen to be in the cockpit of a fighter that is supersonic, things quiet down. You can hear the earphones with no problems. Remember the Concord? You could speak to another passenger in the cabin.

Something about Einstein may come into play.

Reply to
Chuck

Earphones will work if the Miata is white because the photon flow is smoother, I wish Leon were here to explain it to us....

NOTE: Has anyone heard from Leon in the last year or so????

Reply to
XS11E

Let him go for goodness sake, he's history ;-)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo