NA wheel differences

Hi guys,

As many of you might know Mazda used many different suppliers for their Miata-parts. One of those parts is the original 14"x5,5" 7-spoke alloy found on 89-93 Miatas

as the technical committee found out last weekend. One of the members of our MX-5 Club kept on having troubles with his alloys and after changing them he's had no problems. We found out his new alloys had different markings and were build differently (see
These rims look the same on the front. They must have been made by a different manufacturer. Your thoughts on this? Could you please send me pictures of the backside of your alloys and the encoding on the rim?

Thank!

Jeroen

-- The Silver Striped 91B Crystal White Miata -

MX-5 Club of the Netherlands Technical and Websitecommittee Member - Meguiar's Clinics

Reply to
Jeroen Feelders

Oops, email is miata at feelders dot com... :)

Reply to
Jeroen Feelders

Wow, those are quite a bit different on the back side, eh! Probably different years, I'd guess. Good luck with your investigation. Don't forget to share what you learn with us 'yankee's' :-)

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Not much reactions and emails so far. I'd like to receive more photos of the backside of your your 14" rims! :) Please send them to miata at feelders dot com.