Miata and Winter

Don't forget 802.11 War-driving, either. I cute little mag-mount 2.4GHz antenna with an Orinoco connector especially for that purpose.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Concern about the soft top in snow is highly over-rated. The old pastic windows do get brittle in the cold, but otherwise there's no problem. In fact, when the car has a coating of ice, the soft top is nice because it's flexible so one moderately gentle whack with the scraper handle causes the ice to break and fall off. My 1993 rear window just barely started to crack last winter (I opened it a few days too early this past spring) and the black cloth part is still fine. Keeping a car like this in a garage is pointless--what are you saving it for?

Reply to
DH

By all means, don't put your baby in the cold, dark garage when she could be enjoying the snow. Take care not to drop her top or mess with her plastic window when it's cold outside (less than 40-45 degrees F, IIRC). Give her some good "shoes" and you'll both enjoy the winter just fine.

Mike "Red '97" Verive snipped-for-privacy@mverive.com

Reply to
Michael Verive