Miata books?

I like my MSM so much that I'm actually going to do my own maintenance. And also, make plans for next summer when the warranty runs out. I just ordered some books on Amazon (see below). Anyone know of any other good ones? One called "The Enthusiast's Shop Manual" looked very good but seemed more geared towards the NA. All suggestions welcome.

"Do It Up Mazda MX-5 [Miata/Eunos]: A practical guide to renovation on a budget (Do it up!)" Paul Hardiman; Hardcover; $23.07

"Mazda MX-5 Miata: Find It. Fix It. Trick It. (Motorbooks Workshop)" Keith Tanner; Paperback; $17.13

"Mazda Miata MX- 5 Performance Projects" Keith Tanner; Paperback; $14.93

Reply to
Carbon

I note on miata.net that there's an Enthusiast's Shop Manual for the NB now. Don't know if it covers the MSM or not.

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

There is an edition of the ESM for the *1.8 liter engine*. However it covers the 1.8 liter engine as used in ****NAs***. AFAIK, the NB is not covered.

Reply to
Natman

Ah. Thank you - you've just saved me the cost of that book plus return shipping!

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

Tanner's books are sometimes useful. What you really need to do is get a copy of the Mazda shop manual for your model year. Most of the more common books are either written around the NA's or not very useful. You might also think about getting "how do I" information from miata.net's Garage section. or ask a question in one of the forums. There is a lot of info not in the manuals that is easily available on miata.net.

Reply to
Chuck

I think I just saw an ad for MMMiata that included workshop manuals - the kind that go into a binder, not the pre-bound ones.......yeah, on this page, about 1/2 way down...

But they sure ain't cheap!