Over Inflation Tires Winter Storage

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I am sure that there are many people who would rather live in NYC than anywhere else. Frank even likes Dallas/Ft. Worth. ;-) At least we have choices, most of the time anyway.

I am currently in a small lakeside town about 30 miles from Austin. I literally can not see anything but trees and frequently deer when I look outside, no neighbor houses are in view, and all I hear at night are the crickets.

It would drive some people crazy, but for me it is heaven. It is also about 10 minutes from an extremely twisty and fun road to drive.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Just because you have seen a naked 550 pound fat woman, that doesn't make the naked 350 pound fat woman look good. The same concept applies to big cities, again, imho.

My perspective is fine, thank you.

I have also been to some other large cities in other states, though never to the two that you mentioned. The ones that you mentioned sound like good places for me personally to avoid. Like I said, I am sure that some people love all of the big cities that you listed.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Sounds to me like your view of Dallas is colored by a series of unfortunate events. Regardless, you are entitled to your opinion. I don't know where you live, but among cities its size or above Dallas is relatively uncongested. "Good spots?" Sounds like you're evaluating Dallas as a place to vacation. Aside from the Kennedy assasination museum, which is quite good, by the way, I'd agree there is not much reason to vacation in Dallas. As a place to live and raise a family, it's much better.

Reply to
Frank Berger

You continue to get your facts wrong. The entire DFW "metroplex" has a population of around 6 million. You make it sound as if they are packed into downtown.

I agree San Antonio is a nice city, without some of the problems of ALL larger cities, not just Dallas.

Reply to
Frank Berger

I try (and usually succeed) to find something to like about every place I visit.

Reply to
Frank Berger

I think they're insane, too. I'll never see any advantages to driving top-down when it's that cold; the car doesn't perform any better with the top down, though it does feel a little tighter with the hardtop on.

Reply to
tooloud

Pardon me, I think I'm going to be sick. I'd almost rather visit Atlanta. Or St. Louis.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Well, of course we're insane! But believe me, the hardtop goes on around Thanksgiving and, except for the Polar Bear Run, stays on until April! It's just a fun thing to do - as long as it's not precipitating in any way, shape or manner!

Iva & Belle.) '90B classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

tooloud wrote: >

You know, you people wouldn't have these problems if you'd only wear clothing when you drive. Especially in an open convertible in the winter. There's nothing _wrong_ with wearing clothes in public, or even a hat. What's the matter with you all? Why do you insist on going around naked 100% of the time?

Yours WDK - snipped-for-privacy@ij.net

Reply to
Johnny Phenothiazine

Oh my! That looks so cold!!!! Have you guys / girls had your " IQ's " checked lately ? I got cold here in my nice warm house just looking at the pic's ! :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Iva, I checked with the polar bears at the zoo today. They said it was just too cold today and they didn't want to come out to catch some fat old guy just for the fun of it. They said the zoo food was better anyhow! :-) The zoo people would not let me take the car inside the bear area, the big water tank was too big and it could slip and fall in.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Pat, That's ok to show the pic's. Note the lack of "snow" unlike the pic's that Iva has on her site. :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

I wrote: "It is also a congested, polluted nightmare of a place to live."

How does calling Dallas a nasty place to live equate to evaluating it as a vacation spot? My view of Dallas is colored by my actual views of Dallas, which I have seen many more times than I want to.

Relatively uncongested does not mean much to me, the traffic there is insane. It is also terrible here when I have to drive into Austin, one more reason to move to a smaller city.

Once again, I'll stand by my statements, Dallas sucks ass in a really big way. I could not give less of a crap about the Kennedy Museum. Been there once and was not impressed. I would not go back there if it was in Austin, much less take a road trip to be bored to tears.

Thanks for respecting my right to my opinion, though. You are entitled to your opinion as well, of course, and you even have my sympathies, whether you want them or not, since you live in that hellhole of a city. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

You know Frank, I am actually a bit brighter than that on my good days. I understand what "metroplex" means, my vocabulary is actually quite extensive.

The Austin Metroplex has over a million people. That doesn't mean that I think that there are a million people living within the Austin city limits. I do know that it is too many people living too closely together, enough to make me want to not live there, and that Dallas/Ft. Worth/Arlington is much larger and so therefore much worse for me.

When I was younger, Austin was cool and Dallas sucked. Now Austin sucks and Dallas is, once again, the very definition of a hellhole.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Well, at least I left your license plate out of it, and I didn't put up the one with you in it, that is up to you, though it is one of the better pictures. Let me know if you want me to introduce "Bruce & Bing Together" to the world. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

That can't be too hard, look at your starting point.

Take a short drive down to Cleburne and find one thing about that place to like. It makes Dallas look like paradise. The entire collective intelligence of that town equals about 10 average people.

I know that I won't be offending anyone from Cleburne with this post because reading is not exactly their strong point and I don't think that they know what the internet is anyway.

Pat

Reply to
pws

It's not up to me, it was the local women who insisted on this. They just won't leave me and Mr. McConaughey alone when we go partying together. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Since we are 110% off-topic now, these are still some of my favorite polar bear pictures from when a group of them encountered a U.S. submarine that surfaced through the ice.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I still say:

  1. St. Louis wins the top honor of most dangerous U.S. city of 2006, a title it last held in 2002, and finally beating out a two-year run by Camden, NJ.

  1. Lanny lives in or near St. Louis.

Coincidence? You decide..... ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

63 high Monday, dropped to a 36 high for Halloween here in Minneapolis.

miker

Reply to
miker