Radio Knobs

I can still hear the whistling from that one going over my head. Is this a movie or TV show?

Pat

Reply to
pws

And say hi to Catalina for me.

TV show: "My Name is Earl". Earl decides that bad thing are hapenning to him because he does bad things. He hears about karma (watching Carson Daley, IIRC) and decides to right all of the wrongs he's comitted (of which he makes a list). He then finds a $100,000 lottery ticket and is convinced that's karmic reward for mending his ways.

IMO, it's one of the better sitcoms currently on TV (it's on my MythTV box's record schedule).

Grant Edwards

Thank ye,

I have vaguely heard of the show, but I watch almost no TV. I do watch a lot of movies and Jason Lee is a great actor, imo. (Feverdog!). I wonder if he drives a miata. ;-) It also sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.

Pat

Reply to
pws

The only non-PBS TV show I watch.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Well, I *do* live in North Hollywood and work in Hollywood. :)

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

I found a wallet once, with $225 in it. I tried to track down the kid who it belonged to, and when I couldn't I turned it in to the police. 30 or

60 days later (can't remember which) it wasn't claimed, so they gave it to me.

Yeah, it would seem a part needed now and then, and hardly a big space-taker-upper in the shelved.

I go an email today from my friend, saying he'd (miraculously, in my opinion) found the chunk that broke off of the back of the knob, and that it was not glued and clamped and drying. I hope that proves effective.

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

Heh. :)

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

He found it down in the rug today. We lost it a month or two ago. I believe we have witnessed a miracle.

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

That's probably pretty common, here in this medium where most peope can't even spell "lose". :)

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

Sunset Boulevard? ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Excellent, and good luck with the hummer. Just be sure to check the package first.....

Pat

Reply to
pws

Ah. In that case, put it on eBay. Some fool will bid enough to buy two new radios.

Does the broken piece look like Jesus? Or Elvis?

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Blinky the Shark wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@thurston.blinkynet.net:

It damn well better or else this thread will go on forever......

Mine split the inner part that slips over the radio shaft, I stuck the metal insert back in, fitted the chip back into place and pressed a small piece of plastic with the right sized hole drilled in it over the center part holding it together. So far it's held up well.

Reply to
XS11E

Blinky the Shark wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@thurston.blinkynet.net:

Ask your governator, he has one.

Reply to
XS11E

After those idiots paid several thousand for a "haunted" painting, it has been tempting to try.

My family has an old Victorian-style couch and I think that I can see an image of a woman wearing clothing from that time period sitting on it once every so often. ;-)

One of my favorites so far was the guy selling his air guitar. He listed the concerts that it had been played at, going back to many rock concerts in the early 70's. The condition was listed as excellent and there was no shipping charge. He got almost $20.00.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Ahhh, we are talking about the vehicle, my bad. :-)

Arnie has lots of Hummers. Didn't he even have one converted to a "green" vehicle?

Pat

Reply to
pws

Not me. My quip didn't have "hummer" capitalized. :)

I certainly don't want a hummer from Arnold...

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

Surprisingly, my friend said it looked like both. Probably just looked like Jesus in an Elvis costume.

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

Or Hollywood Boulevard. I used to live in Hollywood (I'm in NoHo, now) and you'd see the hookers working Sunset Boulevard until there were enough complaints that the cops rousted them...then they moved to Hollywood Boulevard. When they eventually got rousted there, they'd move back to Sunset Boulevard. Repeat, rinse...

Reply to
Blinky the Shark

That a good solution. I'll remember it for when his just-glue fix breaks. :)

Reply to
Blinky the Shark