Seeking Mechanic

Hi All:

I have a 1994 Miata that I've had for the past 10 years. Ownership of this car has been fabulous because it just about never gave me an ounce of trouble... until last month. Last month I spent close to $1000 on a tune up, new calipers, and a catalytic converter.

Then this past Saturday my clutch pedal suddenly went to the floor with no resistance. I also had a puddle under the car, though the reserve tank for the clutch was full. I deduced that it was probably the slave cylinder that had failed.

On Monday morning, after failing to find someone to fix my car over the weekend, I called a local repair shop. They have had my car all week and have yet to even look at it to give me an estimate; but he has told me that it will probably be a complicated repair, which makes me nervous. Needless to say I am angry as heck but sort of stuck at this point. I can't do the repair myself (not mechanically inclined) and I've already had it towed to this place.

My question is, is there a way to look up mechanics, by zip code, that deal with Miatas on a regular basis, or that specialize in Mazda repairs. I want to secure a mechanic for future repairs and it sure as hell won't be the one who is presently holding my car and life hostage.

My zip code is 11754.

Thanks, in advance, for any guidance.

Reply to
islndbreze

Not exactly, but if you search your regional forum at

or ask for a recommendation there you should find what you need.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

go to cartalk.com (Click and clack). On their site they have a place where you can do that by zip code, very dependable, IMO

Reply to
Jazz_Azz

at

for a recommendation there> > you should find what you need.>

Then click on, "Actual Car information," then scroll down to "Mechanic Files."

Reply to
Jazz_Azz

i understand "angie's list" (.com?) may be of use to you. hth, peter

Reply to
peter