stock steering wheel needed for 92

Anyone out there have a take off in good condition for my 92? At only 120K miles the stock steering wheel is shot. I'd really like to keep the airbag so a stock take-off replacement seems the way to go.

Thanks, snipped-for-privacy@real-net.com

Reply to
Walt Barnes

I don't understand?? What is shot? Is this the leather wrapped? My 92 stock leather wrapped will clean up nicely with leather cleaner and then treatment. I'll do this about 3 times a year. Other than that...what's to shot? Jim Jim's Miata Web Page

Reply to
Jim

You do not live in Florida, obviously. The sun will sublimate the black leather through the window.

R-Speed gave me an address that did a professional job of recovering the steering wheel. I don't seem to have it bookmarked but I should be able to find it. The bad news is, you have to send the wheel in. Mine is deteriorating again, I may have to send it again to them too.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Or you can live with it. Mine got little scuffs here and there where the shine came off the leather... then the scuffs sort of grew together... now I'm at the point where there's about 3" of bare plastic exposed

*shrug*

But it still drives fine....

Reply to
FrinkLemur

Miata

Reply to
Jim Untch

What is changed?

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Nothing has changed on the page for about a year. Any more aftermarket gizmos, and I'd cross the line of still being a Miata.

I don't see any change with the links either. Either will get you there.

Thanks for the compliments on the page.

It's nice to have a 12 year old car and still get *that* feeling everytime I get behind the stock, leather-wrapped steering wheel. Only other Miata owners know what *that* means :) Jim Jim's Miata Web Page

Reply to
Jim

hi Jim... beautiful Miata! i wish mine (also named Sassy) looked as good! nice webpage too except that blue hypertext on a black background is very hard for old eyes like mine to read. otherwise, well done. dave

Reply to
Dave Hansen