WalMart 4 Good Oil+Tires+BasicServices & Trust!

Hi All, I have had 6 cars serviced at WalMart!
04 Miata Turbo= 50k miles 04 Dodge1500 Ram = 50k miles 02 Honda Suv = 120k miles
99 Mercedes S Class = 225k miles 91 Mercedes E Class = 400k miles
Very Good prices! Must keep an eye on them and "audit" their work! Tires are good deal! Balancing and Tire services cheap! Oil, Filter, wiper blades, most "basic services" are good service and national brand quality!
So what's with the Wal Mart commercial? Generally, you may get what you pay for.

RepoRealEstateInvestor wrote:

I prefer my friendly neighborhood mechanic at the local gas station. He charges more than WalMart, but the level of service and competence are very high.
I think I prefer trolls to SPAMMERS!
Chris 99BBB

Wow! WalMart is being friend to America and it's consumer's, being helped likely by such nicely prices as to put money back into Walmart shoppers wallet! Walmart is being great to us! It is that I am working for Walmart, and after happily singing the Walmart song every morning- It is our managers who are being helping us- "Give me a W" "WWWW!" "Gimme an A" AAAA", ect. It is besterly fun when managers call for 'squiggly' and we make move like slug and holler 'squigly" After that, we mostly do checkouts and pricechecks, and the fine people at walmart have given us nice- how you say- Calculatings? That add ten percent to prices of 'unknown price' items. It is our managers are telling us this is funny American custom, and all have laugh at end of day. I'm sure American Walmart shoppers- oops, all called buyers by our managers- have a good laugh too at end of day when they find that unlegible item on they're reciept is priced many dollars more then they thought. What fun jokes it is we are having on American buyers!!!
My buddy and I still joke about my 3 hour oil change I got down in Atlanta a couple of years ago. No vehicle of mine will ever be inside another Wal-Mart for any reason again. 3 hours! That canned my trip planned to Stone Mountain for the afternoon. Did I mention 3 hours???
Un Friggin real! :-)

Mike wrote:

snip...
Hey, if you were a Wal-Mart employee making minimum wage with no benefits would you be in a big hurry for anything?
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

At the local chevy dealership the sign says 29 minutes or free....of course everytime I took my pickup in the fellow would say the 29 minutes or free deal wasn't in the works...always took three hours or better.
At the local mazda dealership the print out always says by noon or by 5pm depending if you take it in the morning or the afternoon ....always get it back right around a half hour.
When I take the miata to the guy with his own small shop....it takes the time it takes to put it on the rack and perform the service...it's a question of how backed up he is as to when it actually gets put on the rack and to be fair he's pretty good about letting one know that part of the transaction up front.
The local Wal-Mart my lady friend takes her toyota to isn't very busy on mid-week days and rarely does it take more than a half hour...go 30 miles over to the next city (larger) and that Wal-mart being extremely busy may keep it from the early am to the late pm.
Regardless of where I take a car of mine I just want a reasonable upfront estimate of the time I will be without my car (goes without saying I have already determined them capable of doing the service).
Walmart sucks and so does their service. Never go there.

Site Timeline