Re: Looking for tires for a 2007 C280 Avantgarde 4MATIC - questions...

I am looking for tires for a 2007 C280 Avantgarde 4MATIC which went over a

>pothole (I hope the rim is OK) > >The tire says this: > >ContiProContact >225/45R17 91H M.S > >I am trying to find out the following: > >What does M.S mean?

Mud + Snow. They will have a more open tread, suitable for soft conditions.

Why some tires with same specs say they are SSR types? what does that mean?

SSR is a trade mark of the Continental brand, and it refers to run-flat tires:

Tony Polson

Tony Polson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Finally got this fixed. The donuts tires, I found out, can't be fixed (that one went flat too) so I had to buy another one - rim and everything!!

Reply to
AINTME

Ouch! Expensive ...

Reply to
Tony Polson

Strictly speaking: "Matsch und Schnee", but it means the same thing...

;-) DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Tony Polson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I learnt my lesson.... don't get a flat :))

Reply to
AINTME